full version = euro 350
Upgrade from Logic Pro 6/7 or Logic Platinum/Gold 5/6 = euro 140
Upgrade from Logic Express = euro 210
What’s in the Box
* • DVD containing Logic Pro 8, MainStage, Soundtrack Pro 2, Studio Instruments, Studio Effects, WaveBurner 1.5, Compressor 3, Impulse Response Utility, Apple Loops Utility, QuickTime 7 Pro, and required content
* • Six content DVDs containing Jam Pack collections, sound effects, surround music beds, EXS24 samples, and impulse response files
* • Demo content DVD
* • Printed and electronic documentation
Minimum Requirements to Install All Applications
* • Mac computer with a 1.25GHz or faster PowerPC G4 processor (PowerPC G5, Intel Core Duo, or Intel Xeon processor highly recommended)
* • 1GB of RAM (2GB or more highly recommended)
* • Display with 1024-by-768 resolution (1280-by-800 or higher recommended)
* • Mac OS X v10.4.9 or later
* • QuickTime 7.2 or later
* • DVD drive for installation
* • PCI Express, ExpressCard/34, USB, or FireWire based audio interface recommended
Available Disk Space
* • 7GB to install all applications and required content
* • Additional 39GB to install all optional content (large content packages can be installed on separate disk):
* – 10GB for Jam Pack collections
* – 16GB for sound effects
* – 6GB for surround music beds
* – 7GB for other optional content
Additional recommendations for Logic Pro
* At least 2GB of RAM for large EXS instruments
* USB musical keyboard (or suitable MIDI keyboard and interface) for instruments
* Logic Node requires a Mac computer with a PowerPC G5, Intel Core, or Intel Xeon processor and Gigabit Ethernet
Additional recommendations for MainStage
* At least 2GB of RAM for large EXS instruments
* USB musical keyboard, control surface, or guitar pedal board (or suitable MIDI control device and interface)
* Standard graphics card in any Mac Pro, MacBook Pro, iMac with Intel Core Duo, Power Mac G5, or iMac G5
Logic Pro 8
Writing , notation, multitrack recording, editing , mixing
Top new features:
* • A redesigned, single-window interface eliminates clutter and lets you focus on your music.
* • Multi-take management and Quick Swipe Comping streamline the overdub process.
* • Powerful audio editing features such as snap-to-transient, graphical time stretching, and sample-accurate editing in the Arrange window let you work faster and with greater precision.
* • End-to-end surround production includes multichannel tracks, busses, and support for Surround software instruments and effects.
Live from your Mac
Interface designed to let you bring software instruments and effects to the stage.
Top new features
* • Perform live with Studio Instruments, Studio Effects and audio unit plug-ins.
* • A 3D interface provides just the information you need for your live show.
* • From keyboards and drum pads to pedal boards and control surfaces, you can use any MIDI or USB controller with MainStage.
Soundtrack Pro 2
Editing tools, surround mixing, and a streamlined interface simplify audio post production for film and video so you can focus on cinematic sound.
Top new features
* • A single-window design simplifies the process of creating great sound for picture.
* • Professional tools designed for audio post-production help you edit and mix faster than ever.
* • Restoration features let you analyze and repair field-recorded dialogue and damaged recordings.
* • Integration with Final Cut Studio makes it easy to work with Final Cut editors.
Build your own sound inside your computer.
Produce and play nearly any sound imaginable with the largest set of instrument plug-ins available in a single box.
* • Ultrabeat is a 25-voice drum machine with a built-in step sequencer.
* • EXS24 Sampler lets you play and design sampled instruments.
* • Sculpture is the world’s most advanced component modeling instrument.
* • Vintage Keyboards are fully modeled simulations of classic keyboards.
* • Synths include an array of FM, subtractive, and analog-modeled synthesizers.
Shape your sound.
From vintage and modern compressors to distortion effects and amp models, 80 effect plug-ins give you a wide range of ways to get creative with sound.
Top new features
* • The new multitap Delay Designer plug-in lets you explore creative delay effects in stereo or full surround.
* • Surround Space Designer helps you re-create the full reverberant qualities of some of the world’s most compelling spaces.
* • Guitar Amp Pro lets you play your guitar through faithful re-creations of classic amplifiers and speaker cabinets.
* • A wide variety of production effects provide valuable everyday tools for adding the final polish to your music productions.
* • A full range of creative effects such as reverb, modulation, and delay gives you unique ways to make your music distinctive.
Studio Sound Library
The complete content of five Jam Pack collections — Jam Pack 1, Remix Tools, Rhythm Section, Symphony Orchestra, and World Music — provides infinite possibilities for writing, producing, and performing your music.
* • 18,000 royalty-free Apple Loops to help you establish a groove and embellish your music.
* • 2400 professionally designed channel strip settings let you create finely tuned sounds.
* • 1300 pristine-sounding EXS sampled instruments give you limitless creative freedom.
Logic 8 specifications
* Unified window design consolidates multiple edit and browser areas
* Library browser makes it easy to find audio files, channel strip settings, and plug-in settings
* Inspector provides convenient access to region and track parameters as well as primary mix functions via the innovative Dual Channel Strip
* Assign tools to mouse and view current assignments directly in the Arrange window
* Simple multiple track creation and setup
* Customizable tool and transport bars
* Context-sensitive shortcut menus
* Definable startup behavior
* Enhanced plug-in headers for all instruments and effects
* Global Tracks for graphical editing of key and time signatures, markers, tempo, and transposition
* Selectable time- and/or beat-based bar ruler for time-linear and/or beat-linear display in the Arrange window
* Waveform zoom slider for improved visibility of low-level signals
* Extensive zoom tools and functions
* Extensive MIDI composition
o Region-based quantize, transpose, gate, swing, and velocity control
o MIDI Groove templates
o Creative MIDI processing and routing in the Environment
o Caps Lock Keyboard for note entry using computer keyboard
o Custom and Hermode tuning
o MIDI step entry
* Full support for Apple Loops
o Apple Loops browser for finding and previewing loops based on tempo, key, style, and mood
o Export of MIDI and audio regions as Apple Loops
o Edit plug-ins and MIDI performances for Software Instrument loops
o Independent loop transposition
o Comprehensive loop tagging and editing with Apple Loops Utility
* Complete music notation
o Real-time transcription
o Instrument transposition
o Guitar tablature
o Drum notation
o Chord symbols
o Adaptive lyric input
o Automatic multibar rests
o Comprehensive palette of slurs, crescendis, and other ornaments
o Staff Styles for easy recall of multiple stave attributes
o Score Sets allow instruments to be combined for editing and print
o Layout and printing of complete professional scores
* Robust video playback features
o Embedded or floating video window display
o Digital Cinema Desktop for display of full-screen video on second monitor
o External video output via FireWire or DVCPRO HD
o Global video thumbnail track
o Scene detect option to mark video transitions automatically
* Fast and intuitive region looping
* Global chord track with automatic chord recognition
* Over 980 definable key and MIDI commands
* 90 recallable screen configurations
* Audio file and I/O resolution up to 24-bit/192kHz
* Internal audio resolution: 32-bit floating point; 64-bit precision where required
* Comprehensive surround support up to 7.1, with flexible surround mixing facilities
* Extended project length: 6 hours at 96kHz; 13 hours at 44.1kHz
* .Mac backup and sharing of preferences and settings
* Use of an Apple Remote to control Logic Pro 8 from a distance, with the ability to play, stop, record, rewind, fast-forward, and move to the next or previous track
* High-end POW-r dithering algorithm
* Seamless punch-on-the-fly recording
* Low latency mode to remove plug-in induced latency during recording
* Graphic beat mapping for creating tempo maps from existing audio
* Well-designed collection of production-ready templates
* Multiple documents open at once
* Bounce to AIFF, WAV (Broadcast Wave), CAF, SDII, MP3, M4A (Apple Lossless, AAC)
* Fast, offline bouncing of single or multiple tracks
* Burn any bounced audio directly to CD or DVD-A (PCM only)
* Master and author professional, Red Book-standard CDs with WaveBurner, included in Logic Studio
* Asset management simplifies consolidation and transport of projects and their dependent assets
* MIDI note extraction from audio for drum replacement and melodic transcription
* Freeze Tracks feature releases CPU resources by invisibly rendering tracks
* Distributed audio processing (DAP) aggregates processing power of multiple computers on a network
* Serial-based copy protection
* Powerful folders to facilitate organization and streamline various arranging tasks
* Open GarageBand songs directly in Logic Pro
* Support for Apple Core Audio and Digidesign DAE/TDM hardware (To use Logic Pro 8 with your TDM System, you will need at least Pro Tools HD 7.3 or higher for PPC. Use of Logic Pro 8 with Pro Tools on a MacPro system will be available in an upcoming release of Pro Tools.)
* Support for TDM and AudioSuite plug-ins with DAE/TDM hardware
* Support for Audio Units plug-ins
* Support for AAF, OMF, Open TL, and XML (Final Cut Pro)
* Streamlined ReWire support for optimized integration with Reason, Ableton Live, and other ReWire-compatible applications
* Intuitive region-based MIDI and audio editing
* Comprehensive set of editing tools assignable to left, right, and key-modified mouse buttons
* Effortless take management:
o Region-based take recording and management in automatically generated take folders
o Pack existing tracks into take folders
o Single-click take selection
o Colorize takes on the fly
o Intelligent unpacking of take folders onto separate tracks
o Move and edit entire take folders like any other region
* Revolutionary Quick Swipe Comping
o Build a comp track from multiple takes
o Create comps on the fly
o Audition comps in real time
o Automatic, customizable crossfades between phrases
o Flatten function replaces take folder with regions that represent the current comp
o Flatten and Merge function replaces take folder with newly created audio file
* Multiple MIDI editors:
o Piano Roll
o Event List
* Graphical time stretching and compression in the Arrange window
* Sample-accurate editing in the Arrange window
* Definable relative or absolute snap grid
* Nondestructive graphical fades and crossfades
* Snap-to-transient selection
* Shuffle and Auto-Crossfade Arrange Edit modes
* Destructive sample editing using built-in or external sample editor like Soundtrack Pro 2
* 10,000-step undo history
* Time-linear and/or beat-linear display in the Arrange window
Mixing and Automation
* Track Mixer views simplify mixer channel navigation
* Dynamic channel strip creation accelerates mixer setup and configuration
* Easy setup of multi-output software instruments
* Signal Flow view option shows all channel strips (e.g., Aux, Output, Master) within the audio signal path of the selected channel strip
* Save/Load complete plug-in configurations using channel strip settings
* Sample-accurate, track-based 32-bit automation
* Track- or region-based solo and mute
* Track mute/solo in either Fast or CPU-Saving mode
* Solo safe mode for any channel strip
* Direct insert patching of external hardware instruments and effects
* Exponential or dB-linear level meter scaling
* Busses as sources for recording
* Inline input monitoring
* Up to 255 independent mono, stereo, or surround audio channels
* Up to 255 independent software instrument channels
* Up to 255 auxiliary channel strips
* 64 busses
* 15 inserts, 8 sends per channel
* 32 multi-assignable channel groups for mix and edit
* Extensive control surface support with autolearn
* EuCon protocol support for Euphonix MC and System-5-MC control surface systems
* Support for Smart AV Smart Console
* Support for active control surfaces via CS plug-ins
* Curve tool for refining automation
* Powerful automation features include:
o Group automation recording
o Linked editing of grouped automation
o Automation Quick Access for easy hardware control of currently selected parameter
o Automate any channel strip parameter or plug-in parameter on the fly or manually input parameter values using a breakpoint interface
o View multiple automation parameters for a single track at once
o Simultaneously view and edit automation for single or multiple tracks
o Read, write, touch, and latch automation modes
* Support for all standard surround configurations, including LCRS, Quad, 5.1, 6.1, and 7.1
* Support for multichannel interleaved and split surround audio files
* Play back, record, or process multichannel interleaved audio files
* Surround level metering
* Multichannel signal routing via sends, busses, and auxiliaries
* Graphic Surround Panner to manipulate mono or stereo streams within a surround field
* Graphic Surround Balancer to simultaneously balance all channels of surround input
* Support for Logic Studio True Surround plug-ins
* Built in multi-mono support lets you use any mono or stereo Logic Studio or Audio Units plug-in in a surround project
* Surround bounce and burn to DVD-A (PCM only) disc
* Dolby Digital AC-3 encoding and preview with Compressor
* Easy mixdown to stereo and surround formats using Down Mixer plug-in