software for Mac OS and Windows
for creation , production , performance
Live 7 covers the entire musical process, from inspiration to studio to stage.
Ableton Live 7 eur 419
Upgrade. Owners of Live 1-6, Live LE and Live Lite can upgrade to Ableton Live 7
starting at eur 99
Ableton Live 7 Trial Version (7.0.7)
Ableton Live 7 LE eur 169
for recording, songwriting, remixing and DJing
Live LE is limited to two simultaneous stereo audio inputs and outputs, twelve built-in audio effects, eight built-in instruments, two AU/VST effects and two AU/VST instruments per project. For a feature comparison of Live 7 LE and the full version of Live, check this chart.
Ableton Live 7 LE Trial Version (7.0.7)
Mac: Any G4 or faster (Intel Mac recommended), 512 MB RAM (1 GB recommended), Mac OS X 10.3.9 (10.4 or later recommended), QuickTime 6.5 or higher, DVD-ROM drive
Windows: 1.5 GHz CPU or faster, 512 MB RAM (1 GB recommended), Windows XP or Windows Vista, Windows compatible sound card (ASIO driver support recommended), QuickTime 6.5 or higher, DVD-ROM drive
The boxed version of Ableton Live 7 LE requires approximately 4 GB of hard drive space.
The Live Concept
Live LE offers two main views—the Session View and the Arrangement View—that interact allowing you to create, produce and perform your music all in a single application.
Live's Session View acts as a musical sketch and launch pad, encouraging you to try out new ideas and improvise freely. Each cell in the Session View grid can hold a loop, recording, MIDI file, complete song or any other musical element. These ideas can be recorded on the fly or dragged in from the Browser, combined and played in any order you wish.
The Arrangement View offers a timeline-based approach for traditional recording, MIDI sequencing, arranging, editing and other musical production tasks. And when you improvise in the Session View, all of your actions can be recorded into the Arrangement View, where they can be edited and perfected whenever you like.
* Multitrack recording up to 32-bit/192kHz
* Complete nondestructive editing with unlimited undo
* Powerful and creative MIDI sequencing of software and hardware instruments
* Real-time time-stretching and warping of AIFF, WAV, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC and MP3 files, for improvisation and instant remixing
* A comprehensive selection of built-in audio effects, including a host of creative delays, filters, distortions, studio compressors and EQs
* Built-in software instruments: Simpler for creative sample-based synthesis, Impulse for sampled drums
* Instrument-, Drum-, Effect Racks for creating and managing complex performance setups, drum kits and multi-effects
* VST and AU effects and instruments support; automatic plug-in delay compensation
* REX file support and native sliced audio file creation
* Video import and export for scoring to picture or warping picture to music
* Real-time control of parameters with any MIDI controller—just MIDI-map it or choose from a list of popular supported controllers for instant mapping
* Full ReWire support
* Single-screen user interface for simple, creativity-focused operation
* Multicore and multiprocessor support
Essential Instrument Collection 2
The boxed version (not included with boxed upgrades) of Ableton Live 7 includes the Essential Instrument Collection 2, a multi-gigabyte library of meticulously sampled instruments providing a choice selection of acoustic and electric pianos, guitars, bass, drums, orchestral strings, brass, woodwinds and more.
(some examples Bach Invention 13 , Harpsichord , Grand Piano , Male Choir )
Manipulate the tempo and feel of your music as it plays.
Tempo Automation and Swing, Warp Markers, Warp Music to Picture, Picture to Music, Auto Warping
Record, mix, match and add effects without ever stopping the music.
Defy the Timeline
Freely improvise musical structure instead of constructing it.
Bring the creative power of Live to your studio environment.
For Beat Creators
Streamline your beat production and gain endless creative possibilities.
For Sound Designers
Create radical variations of your samples in real time.
Elevate your DJ sets. Remix, mash up and produce your music
No Idea Lost
Effortlessly build and browse your library of musical ideas.
Hands On Control
Express yourself with your hands (or your feet)
Loops and construction kits
Printed reference manual in English, Spanish, French,
German or Japanese (boxed version only)
Extensive built-in step-by-step tutorials
Localized software menus, tutorials, and PDF reference manuals available in English, Spanish, French, German and Japanese
Schönhauser Allee 6-7 - D-10119 Berlin - Germany , email
tel: +49-30-288 763 0 . fax: +49-30-288 763 13
advanced technologic sound magazine